What To Expect In The Field
ESCAPE THE EVERYDAY
You’re in good hands with Hy-Tech. We make it simple for you by taking care of all of your travel arrangements from home to the job site and back again. Most rotations are 12 hours/day, 28 days on followed by 14 days off, to give you time to enjoy life’s other pursuits.
- SCHEDULINGA Field Scheduler/Recruiter will be in touch to provide your schedule. You'll get all the information you need about your job site, what to bring, and everything you need to do to prepare for your first shift.
- ORIENTATION BEFORE HEADING OUT TO THE SITEOn your first day, a member of the EHS team will conduct a 1-hour orientation with the crew before they head to site. You'll meet the team you'll be working with on your first rotation and you'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions before you get to the site.
- CAMP LIFEOnce at site your accommodation and meals will be provided. Shared accommodations range from hotels to tent camps and at most jobs there’ll be cooks to prepare all your meals. All locations have wifi so employees can stay in touch with their families while away from home. A helicopter, truck, RTV, or sled will take you to your job site, and you’ll spend your days taking in the breathtaking scenery that most people will never get to see – like mountain skylines, pristine lakes, and wild forests.
- FIRST ROTATIONYour first rotation may be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life, but it will also likely be the most physically demanding challenge you’ll face - 12 hours/day for 28 days straight. Once you’re at site for your first rotation, don't expect Hy-Tech's involvement to drop off. You'll receive mentorship and training from your supervisors while you're on the job as well as continued training from Hy-Tech's certified Trainers. Keep asking questions, this stage is a great opportunity to learn your tasks and get clarity about the work you will be doing. You’re encouraged to get feedback from your supervisor on your strengths and opportunities for further improvement to continue to develop your new skills.
- CHECK IN AFTER FIRST ROTATIONAfter your first rotation, you are encouraged to call the Field Scheduler/Recruiter to give them a debrief on your initial experience, voice any concerns and discuss the next steps.
- PERFORMANCE REVIEWYou'll receive your first performance review within your first year working at Hy-Tech. This is where you'll be evaluated on the specific tasks associated with your job description, and where you'll identify items to work on, and you'll start to make plans for future career development. When you’re ready to make a career jump within Hy-Tech (ie. Helper to Driller, or Driller to Foreman), we have a detailed plan to help you get there.