Reporting to the Operations Manager and Field Supervisor, the Foreman is responsible for safe production by providing leadership and direction to the site operations, by supervising, coaching and overseeing their team. They are responsible to ensure that jobs are carried out using the correct procedures, methods and best practices to achieve safe, high quality, effective drilling at all times. The Foreman uses strong relationship building, collaboration and communication skills to develop the field team and provides professional representation of Hy-Tech Drilling to clients, employees and suppliers at all times.
- Supervision – manages team performance by being a safety leader, setting expectations and quality standards, and trains/develops their crew to build a cohesive group of employees.
- Safety- ensures the safety of their crew.
- Environment – ensures the organization and cleanliness of the drill and drill site location.
- Drilling Equipment – oversees the drill set-up, repair & maintenance, and safe operation of all drilling-related equipment.
- Project Management – ensures the efficiency and completion of the contract requirements.
- Communication – with the Geologist, the Field Crew, and the Operations Management Team on a daily basis.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the Diamond Drilling Industry as a Driller.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
- Must maintain a valid First Aid certificate.
- Must maintain a clear Criminal Record Check (site specific requirement).
- Must pass a Drug and Alcohol test
Work domestically throughout BC, Saskatchewan, and Ontario. Go international to Ecuador, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, or the USA.
100% employer paid benefits including healthcare, dental, vision care, RRSP Matching, and more.
Earn meter bonuses based on total metres drilled per shift – between 1 and 10 drills per site.
Ask anyone who’s worked with Hy-Tech, and they’ll tell you our Foremen and Drillers are true experts in their field; there’s a real focus on safety and they know their procedures and equipment. In addition to the Career Development offered to all of our employees, Field Crew are offered the following specific training and development opportunities:
- Trade recognized certifications through the Mining Industry Human Resource Council (MiHR) and Ontario Common Core (OCC)
- A dedicated training team that provides hands-on skills development in the field.
- Tools and assessments that have been developed by our training team to determine if you are ready for the next step in your career at Hy-Tech.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Talk with our Scheduler/Recruiters: 250-847-9301 (ext. 5005)
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for these positions; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.