BENEFITING INDIGENOUS COMMUNITIES
Hy-Tech actively seeks out ways to make positive contributions that bring long-term benefits to the communities where we have ongoing work. These initiatives take shape in a variety of ways including training, employment, participating in community events and in-kind support.
One example of this commitment coming to life is in Northern Saskatchewan. We work closely with Denison Mines Corp. to recruit Indigenous Peoples from local communities in order to provide ongoing employment opportunities. Our trainers provide hands-on driller’s helper programs which give new recruits the skills and knowledge they need to start a successful diamond drilling career.
In the past couple of years we have attended several job fairs including:
• Git’an’maax Job Fair,
• Gitanyow Career Fair,
• Waubaskang Career Fair,
• NEST Nisga Employment Fair,
• Tahltan Career Fair.
At these venues we aim to attract qualified candidates from local Indigenous communities to join our team, and to share with them the career opportunities that Hy-tech has to offer. These fairs give community members a chance to drop by to discuss how Hy-Tech’s culture of integrity, dependability, trust and mutual respect come together to bring peace of mind to our stakeholders.
Hy-Tech provides scholarships for Aboriginal youth who are leaders and role models in their schools and communities. With these scholarships we offer support to students who demonstrate a desire to enrich their community. For an application form or more information contact email@example.com.
STAY TUNED FOR 2021 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMS
Hy-Tech is pleased to have been a part of supporting valuable Indigenous community projects over the years, including:
- Partnering to bring the ‘Pacific Highway First to Hazelton’ Medallion to the Hazelton Museum
- Witset First Nation Chris George Memorial Project
- Rebuild Telegraph Creek Project
- Dze L’Kant Friendship Center’s annual Christmas Dinner
- Skeena Wild Conservation
- Dease Lake School Shoebox Program
- Tahltan Selects Hockey Team
- Git’xsan Elite Intermediate Basketball
- Hazelton All Native Basketball Tournament
- Keewatin Community Development Assn.
- Tour de Telegraph Bike Event
- Tu-lidlini Youth
- Gitsegukla Hope & Health Movement
- Stikine Minor Hockey Association
We don’t just work in these areas, we live here too. One of the many reasons that Hy-Tech is committed to leveraging our expertise and capabilities is to support meaningful and impactful programs in the communities where we work and reside.