Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Field Supervisor is responsible for working with the Foreman to ensure that contract requirements are met in a safe, cost effective and professional manner in accordance with Hy-Tech’s operational standards. The Field Supervisor conducts regular site visits to mentor the Foremen, sharing their extensive knowledge and experience on mobilizations, diamond drilling coring practices, and demobilizations to ensure peace of mind for the clients and all other stakeholders.
The Field Supervisor uses strong relationship building, collaboration and communication skills to develop the field team and provides professional representation of Hy-Tech Drilling to clients, employees and suppliers at all times.
Hy-tech is the most innovative company that I have worked for. They get the best equipment into the hands of the best people to get the job completed successfully and safely.
- Supervision – manages team performance by being a safety leader, setting expectations and quality standards, and trains/develops field crews to build a cohesive group of employees.
- Safety- assists with the development of management and safety initiatives to improve employee relations and maintain a safe and compliant work environment.
- Environment – audits and inspects drill sites for environmental stewardship and compliance with policies and procedures, providing reports to the management team about each project visit.
- Drilling Equipment – provides guidance and training to the Foreman in the correct procedures for conducting work, setting up work sites, setting up inventory, and the use of equipment and safety. Troubleshoots drill equipment and problem-solves issues.
- Project Management – ensures the efficiency and completion of the contract requirements, and takes part in the management review of projects and crew performance.
- Communication – shares the strategies and goals of the Senior Management Team to field crews. Meets with client representatives during every site visit to ensure that all drilling and safety requirements are being met.
- 15+ years of experience in the Diamond Drilling Industry.
- Experience in project management, supervising and managing a team.
- Knowledge of surface and underground exploration, drilling equipment and drilling methodologies.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
- Must maintain a valid First Aid certificate.
- Must maintain a clear Criminal Record Check (site specific requirement).
- Must pass a Drug and Alcohol test
Work on sites throughout Northwestern BC, Northern Saskatchewan, and Ontario.
100% employer paid benefits including healthcare, dental, vision care, RRSP matching, and more.
Participate in our year-end profit sharing bonus plan and get rewarded for your hard work.
Ask anyone who’s worked with Hy-Tech, and they’ll tell you our Foremen and Drillers are true experts in their field; there’s a real focus on safety and they know their procedures and equipment. In addition to the Career Development offered to all of our employees, Field Crew are offered the following specific training and development opportunities:
- Trade recognized certifications through the Mining Industry Human Resource Council (MiHR) and Ontario Common Core (OCC)
- A dedicated training team that provides hands-on skills development in the field.
- Tools and assessments that have been developed by our training team to determine if you are ready for the next step in your career at Hy-Tech.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Talk with our Scheduler/Recruiters: 250-847-9301 (ext. 5005)
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for these positions; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.