Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 55 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Driller sets up and operates drilling equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maximize core recovery. Daily responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the Driller’s Helper by being a safety leader; sets expectations for safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring the safety of themselves, their Driller’s Helper and other crew on site.
- Ensuring the organization and cleanliness of the drill and drill site location.
- Being responsible for the set-up, repair & maintenance, and safe operation of all drilling-related equipment.
- Communication with the Foreman and Geologist on a daily basis.
- Teamwork: Be part of a dynamic, driven team that has a priority and focus towards on-the-job training and development.
- Incentive: Leverage your existing skillset while also earning a competitive wage and increase your salary through metre-based bonuses.
- Training: Earn qualifications to operate equipment from industry leading professionals.
You’ll work on drill sites for mineral exploration across Alaska and the lower 48. Wherever you may be, you’ll experience unique terrain many people never get a chance to see.
Work hard, and have quality time off. Site roles require 12-hour work days while typically living in a camp environment. Scheduled days off leave plenty of time for travel or other pursuits. The typical schedule is 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off. You will alternate between day shift and night shift each time you get sent out on a job. Hy-Tech Drilling covers most costs associated with travel and accommodations.
What You Need
You’ll need to be a fast learner with a good attitude, an effective communicator and eager to work in a physical role. In addition, the successful applicant will:
- Must have direct Diamond Drilling experience; minimum 2 years drilling.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
- Must have a valid First Aid certificate.
- Must pass a Drug and Alcohol test.
- MSHA (preferred).
To Learn More
For more detailed information, visit the Driller page.