Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 60 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Driller sets up and operates drilling equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maximize core recovery. Daily responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the Driller’s Helper by being a safety leader; sets expectations for safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring the safety of themselves, their Driller’s Helper and other crew on site.
- Ensuring the organization and cleanliness of the drill and drill site location.
- Being responsible for the set-up, repair & maintenance, and safe operation of all drilling-related equipment.
- Communication with the Foreman and Geologist on a daily basis.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Increased salary through footage-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive 100% covered Employee Benefits Program with 50% coverage for eligible Spouse/Dependents.
- 401K Program with Employer-matching.
- Holiday Pay.
- Paid Time Off.
- Flights, Accommodations and Meals provided.
- Paid travel days.
- On the job training: Earn qualifications to operate equipment from industry leading professionals.
- Being a part of a dynamic, driven team that has a priority and focus towards career development.
You’ll work on drill sites for mineral exploration across Alaska and the lower 48. Wherever you may be, you’ll experience unique terrain many people never get a chance to see.
Work hard and have quality time off. The typical field-operations schedule is 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Scheduled days off leave plenty of time for travel or other pursuits. You will alternate between day shift and night shift each time you get sent out on a job. Field-operation roles require 12-hour workdays while living in a camp environment. Hy-Tech Drilling covers most costs associated with travel and accommodation(s).
What You Need
You’ll need to be an effective communicator with a positive attitude, a fast learner, and be eager to work in a physical role. To be eligible for employment, you must:
- Have direct Diamond Drilling experience; minimum 2 years drilling.
- Have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Record annually.
- Pass a Drug and Alcohol Test.
- Hold a valid First Aid certificate (not required to be eligible to apply).
- Standard First Aid with CPR/AED Level C.
- Have a MSHA certificate (not required to be eligible to apply).
To Learn More
For more detailed information, visit the Driller page.