We are always accepting applications from talented and enthusiastic individuals for this key entry level field position. Apply now to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Driller, the Driller’s Helper provides support to the Driller in obtaining core samples. This requires hard physical work such as continuously pulling rods and emptying tubes, assisting to set up the drill, connecting hydraulic hoses, preparing inner and outer tubes, and more. Other day-to-day responsibilities include safely operating the Rod Handler, stacking and adding drill rods when required. They will mix additives under the direction of the Driller, and also organize, and maintain stock levels of supplies and equipment including diesel fuel and fuel filters, core boxes, drill rods and more. Driller’s Helpers assist in moving drills safely from one site to another.
In terms of Maintenance, Driller’s Helpers assist with equipment maintenance and repair – completing daily pre-op inspection checklists for equipment, checking supply levels, and conducting simple repairs. They are also responsible for maintaining a water source and keeping water pumps and lines in safe, working order.
- Safety – ensures the safety of themselves, their Driller and other crew on site.
- Environment – organization and cleanliness of the drill and drill site location.
- Communication – with the Driller, the Foreman and the rest of the crew.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
- Must have a valid First Aid certificate
- BC Residents: Standard First Aid with CPR C & Transportation Endorsement
- Non-BC Residents: Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Must maintain a clear Criminal Record Check (site specific requirement).
- Must pass a Drug and Alcohol test
- Must pass a Physical Demands Assessment
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Talk with our Scheduler/Recruiters: 250-847-9301 (ext. 5005)
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for these positions; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.