Driller’s Helper (USA)
Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 60 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
A physical job that’s perfect for self-starters, the Driller’s Helper assists in obtaining core samples safely and efficiently. Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside and with instructions of a driller. Daily routine work is accomplished through leadership and direction of the driller.
- Safely & repeatedly handling drill rods, weighing approximately 80lbs.
- Assisting in set-up and operation of drilling and support equipment.
- Monitoring stock levels of supplies and equipment for operations.
- Assisting with maintenance and repair of drilling and support equipment.
- Organizing and cleaning the drill site.
- Communicating with the crew to maintain safety standards.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Increased salary through footage-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive 100% covered Employee Benefits Program with 50% coverage for eligible Spouse/Dependents.
- 401K Program with Employer-matching.
- Holiday Pay.
- Paid Time Off.
- Flights, Accommodations and Meals provided for.
- Paid travel days.
- On the job training: Earn qualifications to operate equipment from industry leading professionals.
- Being a part of a dynamic, driven team that has a priority and focus towards career development.
You’ll work on drill sites for mineral exploration across Alaska and the lower 48. Wherever you may be, you’ll experience unique terrain many people never get a chance to see.
Work hard and have quality time off. The typical field-operations schedule is 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Scheduled days off leave plenty of time for travel or other pursuits. You will alternate between day shift and night shift each time you get sent out on a job. Field-operation roles require 12-hour workdays while living in a camp environment. Hy-Tech Drilling covers most costs associated with travel and accommodation(s).
What You Need
Although experience is an asset, no formal training is necessary. You’ll need to be eager to work in a physically demanding role, a fast learner with a positive attitude and an effective communicator. To be eligible for employment, you must:
- Have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driving Record annually.
- Pass a Physical Demands Assessment.
- Pass a Drug and Alcohol Test.
- Hold a valid First Aid certificate (Not required to be eligible to apply).
- Standard First Aid with CPR/AED Level C.
To Learn More
For more detailed information, visit the Driller’s Helper page.