Driller’s Helper (USA)
Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 55 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
A physical job that’s perfect for self-starters, the Driller’s Helper assists in obtaining core samples safely and efficiently. Daily responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside and with instructions of a driller. Daily routine work is accomplished through leadership and direction of the driller.
- Safely & repeatedly handling drill rod, weighing approximately 80lbs
- Assisting in set-up and operation of drilling and support equipment
- Monitoring stock levels of supplies and equipment for operations
- Assisting with maintenance and repair of drilling and support equipment
- Organizing and cleaning the drill site
- Communicating with the crew to maintain safety standards
- Teamwork: Be part of a dynamic, driven team that has a priority and focus towards on-the-job training and development
- Incentive: Leverage your existing skillset while also earning a competitive wage and increase your salary through metre-based bonuses.
- Training: Earn qualifications to operate equipment from industry leading professionals.
You’ll work on drill sites for mineral exploration across Alaska and the lower 48. Wherever you may be, you’ll experience unique terrain many people never get a chance to see.
Work hard, and have quality time off. Site roles require 12-hour work days while typically living in a camp environment. Scheduled days off leave plenty of time for travel or other pursuits. The typical schedule is 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off. You will alternate between day shift and night shift each time you get sent out on a job. Hy-Tech Drilling covers most costs associated with travel and accommodations.
What You Need
Although experience is an asset, no formal training is necessary. You’ll need to be a fast learner with a good attitude, an effective communicator and eager to work in a physical role. In addition, the successful applicant will:
- Have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
- Have a valid First Aid certificate (Not required to be eligible to apply.)
- Pass a Drug and Alcohol test
- Pass a Physical Demands Assessment
- MSHA (preferred)
To Learn More
For more detailed information, visit the Driller’s Helper page.