Research & Design Co-op Student
HY-TECH DRILLING IS LOOKING FOR A RESEARCH & DESIGN CO-OP STUDENT TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN SMITHERS, BC.
With facilities across Canada and Western Europe, Hy-Tech has been delivering superior drilling services for over 25 years. Working with our clients, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest quality, transparency, safety and environmental standards. From our state-of-the-art maintenance and fabrication shop, we engineer, build, maintain and operate our own line of drills using real-world experience in the field to continuously improve.
Reporting to the Research and Development Manager, the R&D Co-Op Student is responsible for assisting with the development and preparation of engineered drawings using computer-assisted design software, ensuring that drawings conform to specifications and design data, and writing technical reports when required. The R&D student is responsible for researching, and providing summaries, on new technologies and their applications within the diamond drilling industry.
Experience and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering OR Computer Engineering degree program.
- Related industry experience is an asset.
- Experience in Mechatronics is an asset.
- Advanced CAD and Solidworks skills.
- Shop experience (such as mechanics and welding) is an asset.
- Knowledge of exploration, drilling equipment and drilling methodology is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, presenter software, email, and the internet.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and provide a current Driver’s Abstract.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Access to the Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including “R&D Co-Op Student” in the subject line or apply online
For More Information
Curtis Johnson: 250-847-9301 ext 2026
Alex Christie: 250-847-9301 ext 3202