Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic/Red Seal Millwright
Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 70 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Mechanic or Millwright are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and undertaking repairs on a broad range of hydraulic, electrical, diesel and gas-powered machinery or heavy equipment. The Mechanic or Millwright would also troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems and evaluate whether repair or replacement are the correct options.
Daily responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, and diagnosing problems on machinery or heavy equipment using computerized and other testing equipment.
- Safely carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance according to the Work Instructions.
- Welding and fabricating equipment.
- Following schematics and manufacturers’ manuals.
- Inspecting and testing equipment after repair for proper performance prior to sending equipment back to the field.
- Ordering tools and parts; maintaining current work tools.
- Assisting with the development, review, and updating of Pre-Op Checklists, Shop Maintenance Forms, Work Instructions, etc.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and efficient workspace.
- Handling other duties as assigned.
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities in the trades.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package with 100% employer coverage.
- Eligible for annual bonus based on company performance.
- RRSP matching program.
- Family access to City of Saskatoon Leisure Centers.
This position is based out of our Saskatoon, SK branch location and involves a shop work environment. There will be a requirement to work outside in various weather conditions, with possible exposure to dust, hazardous chemicals, and high noise levels. There will also be a requirement to work in the field when necessary.
Standard working hours are Monday to Friday, aligning with the branch’s operational requirements. There may also be occasional requirements to be available after hours and on weekends during busy times, with occasional work at field jobsite locations.
What You Need
- Red Seal Millwright or Heavy-Duty Mechanic Certification.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Advanced understanding of welding practices (considered an asset).
- Previous experience as a Millwright or Heavy-Duty Mechanic in a related industry.
- Knowledge of diamond drill equipment and drilling methodologies (considered an asset).
- Knowledge and experience with welding/fabricating, hydraulic, and electrical systems (considered an asset).
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing, component and assembly drawings, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email, and the internet.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Plan and organize tasks to effectively meet deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Solve problems to prevent and eliminate issues.
- Maintain high quality standards to represent Hy-Tech in a positive manner.
To Learn More
Contact Tyler: 306-683-0303 Ext. 1224 or visit the Trades page.
How to Apply
Apply online below or email your resume and cover letter to HR@hy-techdrilling.com and include ‘Mechanic/Millwright’ in the Subject Line.