Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 70 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Hy-Tech is seeking a Recruiter to join our dynamic team! Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Recruiter will play a pivotal role in attracting, engaging and recruiting skilled individuals to support the overall development of the company’s workforce needs.
- Collaboration with Departmental Managers to define job specifications and requirements for various and technical positions within the company.
- Working with the Human Resources Manager to develop and continually improve Recruitment & Onboarding programs and processes.
- Creates, edits, and strategically posts job advertisements to enhance Hy-Tech’s visibility among suitable candidates.
- Register for and attend recruitment events, representing Hy-Tech professionally and fostering a positive company image.
- Screen incoming applications diligently to identify potential candidates for interviews.
- Sources and cultivates relationships with high-potential candidates for future opportunities, ensuring a robust talent pipeline.
- Set expectations with candidates at the beginning of the selection process, providing realistic job descriptions, work schedules, locations, safety requirements, and the importance of teamwork.
- Conduct interviews to assess candidates’ qualifications, experience, cultural fit, and oversees reference checks.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new field, shop and administrative employees. Coordinating pre-employment assessments, preparing offer letters, and handling necessary paperwork.
- Maintains Hy-Tech’s social media accounts with engaging updates and photos to attract suitable candidates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A competitive wage based on your qualifications and experience.
- Continuous growth, learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- Family access to the Bulkley Valley Recreation Centre OR the City of Saskatoon Civic Centres.
This position will be based out of the company headquarters in Smithers, BC or the branch location in Saskatoon, SK. Office work environment with some travel required.
Standard working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. There will also be some requirements to be available after hours and on weekends during busy times to respond to critical situations.
What You Need
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or a related discipline is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in full-cycle recruitment in a fast-paced work environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial work settings and drilling methods is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel) and database software.
- Professionalism and high-quality standards.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and provide a current Drivers Abstract annually.
- Ability to:
- Perceive the bigger picture; tailoring your actions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Build rapport and credibility with candidates, employees, and management.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- To be a positive ambassador for Hy-Tech.
To Learn More
Contact Matt at (250) 847-9301 ext. 3219 or visit the Business Professionals page.
How to Apply
Apply online below.