Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 60 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely posting and payment of semi-monthly (and bi-weekly) payroll functions for both Canadian and USA entities. The incumbent works with many departments, clients, and managers; therefore, requires strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop relationships/be a team player. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring all work is done in accordance with Hy-Tech procedures, following safe work practices, and always provides professional representation of Hy-Tech Drilling. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and administrating payroll for all employees (Canada and USA) according to each pay period.
- Process employee recoverables and other authorized deductions.
- Balance and submit government payroll tax remittances.
- Prepare and submit statutory deductions for payroll.
- Prepare and submit required information for year-end (T4, W-2) processing.
- Reconcile payroll GL accounts, monthly.
- Preparing journal entries and forms (I.e., records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances).
- Administrating employee programs (I.e., Group insurance benefits, Retirement savings plans [RRSP, 401K], Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off).
- Tracking leaves according to legislation and company policy; alerting managers of usage trends and inconsistencies.
- Miscellaneous payroll-related duties.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications ($25 – $32/hr).
- Continuous growth, learning and development opportunities.
- Potential for discretionary annual bonus, based on company performance.
- Comprehensive 100% Employer Paid Benefits Program (Employee & Spouse/Dependents).
- Competitive Employer-matched RRSP program based on years of service.
- Smithers: Family access to the Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre.
- Saskatoon: Family access to the City of Saskatoon Leisure Centre.
- Ideally, this position will be based out of the global headquarters in Smithers, BC or the Branch Location in Saskatoon, SK. Office work environment with some travel required.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Remote applications will also be considered from Victoria (BC), Prince George (BC), and Vancouver (BC). There will be a requirement to travel to Smithers, BC to attend in person training.
Standard working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. There will also be some requirements to be available after hours and on weekends during busy times.
What You Need
Education & Training
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years of Payroll experience.
- Previous experience with international payroll in a multinational company is considered an asset.
- Completion or working towards both US and Canadian Payroll Certifications is considered an asset.
- Multi-state US payroll experience is preferable.
- Post-Secondary courses in Bookkeeping or Accounting are considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract on an annual basis.
Essential Performance Traits
- Team-player with a strong customer service attitude.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality & accuracy.
- Motivated to work through new challenges, continuously learn, and grow.
- Ability to work independently while following system processes.
- Objective and level-headed, especially in demanding scenarios.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Clear communicator, both orally and in writing.
To Learn More
Contact Crystal (250-847-9301 Ext. 2036) / Lisa (250-847-9301 Ext. 2028), or visit the Business Professionals page.
How to Apply
Apply online below.