Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 55 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Hy-Tech is looking for an Office Coordinator to join our team. the Office Coordinator provides support to the Leadership and Management Teams for correspondence, meetings, special projects, and coordination of activities in the office. The Office Coordinator oversees the day-to-day duties of the Administrative Assistant and ensures the office functions in a professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Co-supervises the Administration Team, prioritizing and delegating department tasks, and communicating department updates. Develops department training materials and retains historical knowledge.
- Manages Hy-Tech’s Incentives & Rewards program; developing the online system, processing requests; and designing, purchasing, and distributing corporate swag.
- Manages organization of community events, staff events and staff engagement challenges.
- Organizes Mining Show and Tradeshow facilitation, booth and participant registration, email blasts, special events, advertising, travel logistics and booth set-up.
- Organizes the purchase and distribution of client, supplier, and staff gifts (e.g., Christmas).
- Manages distribution of corporate sponsorships and donations, and maintains corporate memberships.
- Organizes quarterly newsletter development and distribution.
- Creates and updates news and events posts for the website.
- Oversees the development of advertising material including but not limited to business cards, magazine ads, radio, newspaper ads, and email blasts.
- Performs secretarial duties for select internal committees: preparing the agenda; sending meeting invite; organizing meeting setup; recording minutes; and assigning and tracking follow-up actions.
- Greets and directs visitors and ensures that the reception area is presentable and that displays are current.
- Assists with building/yard management and purchasing office/shop supplies.
- Supports other departments with administrational requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Family access to Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
This position is based out of company headquarters in Smithers, BC.
Standard working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. There will also be some requirements to be available after hours and on weekends during busy times.
What You Need
- 2+ years of administrative experience providing support to a fast-paced management team.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Graphic design and marketing skills are an asset.
- Ability to:
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Build rapport and credibility with employees, foremen and management.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
To Learn More
Contact Beryl at (250) 847-9301 ext. 2021 or visit the Business Professionals page.
How to Apply
Apply online below or email your resume and cover letter to HR@hy-techdrilling.com and include ‘Office Coordinator’ in the Subject Line.