The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance and undertaking repairs of equipment to ensure that equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate. This position is based out of our Smithers shop location but travel to remote sites across Canada will be required to assist with job start up, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Inspects, troubleshoots and diagnoses problems with equipment using computerized and other testing equipment.
- Inspects and tests equipment after assembly, repair and maintenance to ensure proper operation before sending the equipment back to the field.
- Understands schematics and manufacturers’ manuals to support repair and maintenance/welding, fabrication and assembly/machining process.
- Supervises Apprentices by being a safety leader; sets expectations for safety and quality standards.
- Fosters a culture of training and development in the shop by providing guidance, direction and training to Apprentices.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3-5 years as a Mechanic in a related industry is an asset.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Red Seal Mechanic Certification.
- Knowledge and experience with welding, hydraulic and electrical systems is an asset.
- Able to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing, component and assembly drawings, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Safety conscious work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities in the trades.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- To see our full list of benefits, see Compensation & Benefits
How to Apply
Use Apply Now button below to apply online.
For More Information
Call Joe Coupe at 250-847-9301 ext. 2022