Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 55 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman while in the shop, and the job Foreman while working in the field, the Mechanic or Millwright is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and undertaking repairs of a broad range of hydraulic, electrical, diesel and gas-powered equipment and rolling stock to ensure that equipment is available, reliable, and safe to operate. The Mechanic or Millwright has the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems and evaluates whether repair or replacement are the correct options.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and diagnoses problems with equipment using computerized and other testing equipment.
- Consults with the Shop Foreman to weigh the cost of repair to replacement and determines the most efficient and safe method of repair to minimize equipment downtime.
- Safely carries out repairs and preventative maintenance to equipment according to the Work Instructions.
- Understands schematics and manufacturers’ manuals to support repair and maintenance processes.
- Provides training on preventative maintenance and troubleshooting training to employees in the field.
- Maintains and secures work tools. Orders tools and parts when required.
- Maintains a clean, organized and efficient workspace.
- Focuses on safety and maintains awareness of the environment to identify potential hazards. Understands and abides by all company and client policies regarding occupational health and safety.
- Follows proper lock out tag on procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities in the trades.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- Family access to Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre (Smithers, BC) OR City of Saskatoon Leisure Centers (Saskatoon, SK).
We currently have opportunities for this position in both our Smithers, BC, and Saskatoon, SK locations.
This position is primarily a shop work environment with occasional visits to the field as required.
- Standard working hours are Monday to Friday, corresponding with hours of work required in the branch location.
- There will also be some requirement to be available after hours and on weekend during busy times.
What You Need
- 3-5 years of experience as a Mechanic or Millwright in a related industry.
- Strong mechanical knowledge.
- Basic welding ability is required.
- Knowledge of diamond drill equipment and drilling methodologies is an asset.
- Red Seal Mechanical or Millwright Certification.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Safety conscious work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
To Learn More
Call Brittney at 250-847-9301 Ext. 5005 or visit the Trades page.
How to Apply
Apply online below.