Hy-Tech has been setting the standard of excellence in diamond drilling, providing predictable performance, value and peace of mind to our stakeholders since 1991. Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 55 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Ecuador and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Reporting to the Purchasing & Logistics Manager, the Fleet Coordinator is responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating all required repair and maintenance associated with the company fleet of rolling stock, and assisting with the mobilization and demobilization of equipment to and from the field. The company fleet includes but is not limited to trucks, dozers, loaders, skidders, telehandlers, forklifts, snow cats, UG crew carriers, and RTVs.
- Coordinates Fleet to ensure rolling stock is in good condition, and that required services and maintenance are scheduled
- Develops and continually updates preventative maintenance program for the company fleet that meets or exceeds corporate and legislated regulations.
- Assists with developing, reviewing and updating Pre-Op Checklists, Shop Maintenance Forms, Work Instructions, etc. that are part of the maintenance program.
- Builds relationships with companies and mechanics and arranging infield and out of field repairs.
- Completes Supplier Evaluation Process with contractors and suppliers to maintain a high standard of quality and safety.
- Makes sure that the outsourced mechanics have completed all relevant paperwork (contractors checklist).
- Ensures parts, work vehicles and forklifts are sent for repair when required.
- Liaises with Shop Foreman to schedule and arrange in-house maintenance and repair as drill scheduling allows.
- Ensures the companies fleet requirements for applicable certificates and licenses are in place.
- Leads the biannual fire suppression recertifications, annual forklift certification, annual crane and boom NDT tests.
- Understands and adheres to transportation and cross-border movement regulations within different regions.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of safety and DOT regulations in all jurisdictions (locations we are currently working in and pursuing work).
- Oversees ongoing purchasing and inventory requirements to support all fleet repair and maintenance.
- Provides physical inventory counts and reconciliations for parts and supplies according to the Inventory Control Process.
- Assures optimal purchase and rental arrangements when adding to the company fleet.
- Maintains Hy-Tech’s fleet database by:
- Scheduling Hy-Tech’s fleet and manufacturer’s recommended maintenance requirements to manage the preventative maintenance program.
- Recording all rolling stock inspections, maintenance and repair history.
- Inputting parts inventory.
- Tracks the current location of equipment and can assign and re-assign maintenance work based on site priorities and emergencies.
- Engages with field and management daily to ensure job sites’ rolling stock can support the field operations.
- Works with IT to manage the GPS tracking program and maintenance intervals.
- Assists with the development of Mobilization List based on contract requirements. Verifies that materials on the Mobilization List are available and loaded for the job start-up according to the Mobilization Process.
- Understands and abides by all company and client policies regarding occupational health and safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities in the trades.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- Family access to Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre.
This position is based out of company headquarters in Smithers, BC, and is primarily a shop work environment with occasional visits to the field as required.
Standard working hours are Monday to Friday, corresponding with hours of work required in the branch location. There will also be some requirements to be available after hours and on weekends during busy times to respond to critical situations and to be ‘on call’ some weekends.
What You Need
- 3-5 years of experience as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic or 1-3 years Fleet Management/Coordinator experience in a related industry.
- Journeyman status as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic is an asset.
- Knowledge of diamond drill equipment and drilling methodologies is an asset.
- Knowledge of WHMIS, TDG, tax and transportation laws.
- Intermediate computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
To Learn More
Contact Mike: 250-847-9301 ext 2040 or visit the Trades page.
How to Apply
Apply online below or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Fleet Coordinator’ in the Subject Line.