HY-TECH DRILLING IS LOOKING FOR FIELD MECHANICS TO JOIN OUR TEAM. THESE POSITION ARE FIELD BASED.
Reporting to the job Foreman while on site, and the Shop Foreman while in the shop, the Field Mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and undertaking repairs of a broad range of hydraulic, electrical, diesel and gas-powered equipment and rolling stock in the field to ensure that equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and diagnoses problems with equipment in the field using computerized and other testing equipment.
- Hydraulic and air drills
- Electrical, diesel and gas-powered equipment including a wide variety of rolling stock.
- Consults with the Shop Foreman to weigh the cost of repair to replacement and determines the most efficient and safe method of repair to minimize equipment downtime.
- Safely carries out repairs and preventative maintenance to equipment according to the Work Instructions.
- Understands schematics and manufacturers’ manuals to support repair and maintenance processes.
- Provides training on preventative maintenance and troubleshooting training to employees in the field.
- Maintains and secures work tools.
- Maintains a clean, organized and efficient workspace.
- Focuses on safety and maintains awareness of the environment to identify potential hazards. Understands and abides by all company and client policies regarding occupational health and safety.
- Follows proper lock out tag on procedures.
- Rotational field based position with 12 hour minimal days
- 4 and 2 or 3 and 3 schedule option
Experience and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience as a Mechanic in a related industry.
- Strong mechanical knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, and make repairs to a wide range of hydraulic systems, electrical, and mechanical equipment. Basic welding ability is required.
- Knowledge of diamond drill equipment and drilling methodologies is an asset.
- Red Seal Mechanical Certification.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- The successful candidate’s wage will be based on their experience and qualifications
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
For More Information
Call Brittney at 250-847-9301 ext. 5005