Field Safety Coordinator
HY-TECH DRILLING IS LOOKING FOR A FIELD SAFETY COORDINATOR TO JOIN OUR TEAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THIS POSITION IS FIELD BASED.
The Field Safety Coordinator promotes safety by assisting with the maintenance of safety and environmental systems in support of field operations. The Field Safety Coordinator partners with the team on-site, management and the client to provide support to all areas on issues that involve production, training and safety. The Field Safety Coordinator uses skills in areas such as relationship building, collaboration, continuous improvement, and communication to work effectively with our team and always represents Hy-Tech Drilling professionally.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support and partner with the team, to actively lead and participate in Hy-Tech and client Occupational Health and Safety Programs.
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, materials and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Monitors trends, legislative and internal changes (equipment and procedures) to anticipate safety needs. Develops Work Instruction documents and assists operations personnel in the implementation of safe working practices for all employees.
- Reviews and participates in completion of document such as: weekly Drill Audits, Hazard Identification, Opportunity for Improvements, Safety Meetings and Orientation Checklists.
- Partner with field staff to maintain the necessary documentation to comply with client, company, and government regulations.
- Prepares and delivers seasonal start up orientations and job specific orientations.
- Assists with Emergency Preparedness Programs by developing processes, procedures, and training materials, and providing training to employees to ensure that the workplace can react systematically and effectively in a crisis.
- Assists with completing Job Hazard Analysis Worksheets and collaborates with Hy-Tech committees to develop proposed improvements.
- Conducts incident investigations on site to identify root causes for all near misses, incidents. Helps to formulate and implement corrective actions to prevent incidents from occurring in the future. Creates reports and incident summaries for the Management Team and the client.
- Participates in Return-to-Work Planning and monitors progress of injured workers.
- Develops Safety Alerts for employees and assists with preparing content for weekly safety meetings.
- Works with the Trainer to develop safety training strategies and courses for the drill site and other worksite locations. Delivers training when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of related health and safety experience. Experience in Exploration and Mining is considered an asset.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and NCSO or CRSP Certification is preferred.
- OFA Level 3 Certification is an asset.
- Strong understanding of Mining, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental regulations, codes and laws that pertain to the Diamond Drilling Industry.
- Possesses exceptional people and communication skills. Able to develop trust-based relationships with clients, management, foremen and employees.
- Able to problem solve issues in a timely manner with a cooperative team-based attitude.
- Abie to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Strong organizational attributes: detail-oriented, good time management, and a dedication to find ways to improve operational efficiencies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license with Abstract.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- Rotational field based position.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
How to Apply
- Select “Apply Now” below.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Field Safety Coordinator’ in the Subject Line
For More Information
Call Jim at 250-847-9301 ext. 2043