Field Safety Coordinator
Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 60 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
The Field Safety Coordinator (FSC) promotes safety by assisting with the maintenance of safety and environmental systems. The FSC partners with the field staff, management team, and the client(s) to provide support on issues that involve safety, training, and production, and always provides professional representation of Hy-Tech Drilling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Support and partner with the team to actively lead both Hy-Tech and client Occupational Health and Safety Programs.
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, materials and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Monitors trends, legislative changes, and internal changes (equipment and procedures) to anticipate safety needs. Develops Work Instruction (WI) documents and assists operations personnel in the implementation of safe working practices.
- Reviews and assists with the completion of documents such as: weekly Drill Audits, Hazard Identification, Opportunity for Improvements, Safety Meetings and Orientation Checklists.
- Prepares and delivers seasonal start up orientations, and job specific orientations.
- Assists with Emergency Preparedness Programs by developing processes, procedures, and training materials; provides training to employees to ensure that the workplace can react systematically and effectively in a crisis.
- Assists with completing Job Hazard Analysis Worksheets and collaborates with Hy-Tech committees to develop proposed improvements.
- Assists with incident investigations to identify root causes for all incidents (including near misses). Helps formulate and implement corrective actions. Creates reports and incident summaries for the Management Team and client(s).
- Assists with developing content for weekly safety meetings and Hazard Alerts for employees.
- Works with the Training department to develop safety training strategies and courses for worksite locations. Delivers training when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
This is an office-based position with regular participation in field-based activities. Travel will be required up to 60-70% of scheduled time to assist in the field and at the drill site(s).
- Monday to Friday when at branch location. Some on call requirements on evenings/weekends to respond to critical situations.
- 12 hour shifts when in the field at a project site.
What You Need
- 5+ years of related health and safety experience preferred. Experience in Exploration and Mining is considered an asset.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and NCSO or CRSP Certification is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Mining, Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental regulations, codes and laws that pertain to the Diamond Drilling Industry in multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possesses exceptional people and communication skills. Able to develop trust-based relationships with clients, management, foremen and employees.
- Strong organizational attributes: detail oriented, good time management, and a dedication to improving operational efficiencies.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
To Learn More
Contact Jim at (250) 847-9301 ext. 2043 OR 250-877-0957 / email@example.com or visit the Business Professionals page.
How to Apply
Apply online below.