Hy-Tech has been setting the standard of excellence in diamond drilling, providing predictable performance, value and peace of mind to our stakeholders since 1991. Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 55 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Reporting to the job Foreman, the Field Mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and undertaking repairs of a broad range of hydraulic, electrical, diesel and gas-powered equipment and rolling stock in the field to ensure that equipment is available, reliable, and safe to operate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and diagnoses problems with equipment in the field using computerized and other testing equipment.
- Consults with the Shop Foreman to weigh the cost of repair to replacement and determines the most efficient and safe method of repair to minimize equipment downtime.
- Safely carries out repairs and preventative maintenance to equipment according to the Work Instructions.
- Understands schematics and manufacturers’ manuals to support repair and maintenance processes.
- Provides training on preventative maintenance and troubleshooting training to employees in the field.
- Maintains and secures work tools.
- Maintains a clean, organized and efficient workspace.
- Focuses on safety and maintains awareness of the environment to identify potential hazards. Understands and abides by all company and client policies regarding occupational health and sa
- Follows proper lock out tag on procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities in the trades.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program in accordance with the Field Employee Policy.
This is a field-based position.
Rotational schedule (4&2, 3&3, or 2&2 [location dependent]).
What You Need
- 3-5 years of experience as a Mechanic in a related industry.
- Strong mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of diamond drill equipment and drilling methodologies is an asset.
- Red Seal Mechanical Certification.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Safety conscious work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
To Learn More
Call Brittney at 250-847-9301 Ext. 5005 or visit the Trades page.
How to Apply
Apply online below.