Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. Through being the most innovative, capable and accountable diamond drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports a global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win/win/win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 70 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges, and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling challenges that may arise.
Hy-Tech is adding a Contracts Specialist to our growing team as we continue our sustainable long-term growth in Canada and abroad. This an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading company and put your skills in contracts management to the test. We are looking to add an ambitious, well-rounded individual with experience in contracts management within the Mining Industry or other related industries. An informed understanding of Geology and/or Diamond Drilling is an asset in this role.
- Administer the contracts management process at Hy-Tech. You will be involved in:
- Providing potential customers with technical information and discussing various drilling strategies to minimize potential drilling problems maximize drill program success.
- Receiving Request for Proposals (RFPs) and preparing job cost estimates and proposals to highlight Hy-Tech’s added value.
- Administering contract terms through Hy-Tech customized software, updating as required.
- Effectively communicate contract requirements to various Hy-Tech departments.
- Review and approval of all daily operations timesheets. Within this you will:
- Recognize when contract scope is changing and the adjustments that are needed to be discussed with the client.
- Focus on developing relationships with field level management to answer their questions on contract terms and timesheets.
- Work with the Contracts Manager to review all invoices to ensure accuracy before distribution to customers.
- A competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package and RRSP Matching Program.
- Opportunities for learning and development within our growing organization.
- Family access to local Recreation Centers.
This position is based out of either the Corporate Headquarters in Smithers, BC or the Branch office in Saskatoon, SK.
Standard working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. There is a requirement to be available after hours and on weekends.
What You Need
- Experience in Mining or a similar industry is considered an asset.
- Exposure to post-secondary learning is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel) and database software.
- Professionalism and strong relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Perceive the bigger picture; tailoring your actions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment, providing on-the-fly support where needed.
- Maintain professionalism at all times to be a positive ambassador for Hy-Tech.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, reprioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Build rapport and credibility with employees, foremen and management.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
To Learn More
Contact Regan Chernish at (250) 847-9301 ext. 3209 or visit the Business Professionals page.
How to Apply
Apply online below or email your resume and cover letter to HR@hy-techdrilling.com and include ‘Contracts Specialist’ in the Subject Line.