Chief Financial Officer
Hy-Tech has been setting the standard of excellence in diamond drilling, providing predictable performance, value and peace of mind to our stakeholders since 1991. Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 40 drills operating throughout Canada, the USA, Ecuador and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that come up.
Reporting to the President, the CFO is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring financial strategies, policies, procedures and systems to support Hy-Tech’s continued sustainable growth plan. The successful candidates will work closely with the Leadership and Management team to create reports and provide analysis of data that is meaningful, timely and clearly presented to support the work of the team. The successful candidate will ensure that proper accounting controls are in place to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of company-reported financial results, provide company with financial planning, reporting for affiliate companies and other accounting practices. Travel to international operations will be required.
- Provides leadership, direction and management of the Finance and Accounting team.
- Advises the Leadership team on strategic long-term business and financial planning.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
- Oversees the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements globally.
- Ensures that all financial and accounting statutory requirements of the organization are met globally.
- Develops and maintains an adequate system of accounting records by working with the Management team to establish a comprehensive set of controls.
- Identifies areas of concern to the Leadership and Management team with respect to risk management.
- Fulfills the responsibility of signing officer.
- Directs the annual review and audits of the Hy-Tech Group of companies internationally.
- Ensures all global tax risks have been mitigated appropriately.
- Directs the annual transfer pricing global study.
SUPPORT FOR MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Oversees the preparation of all financial reports for the Leadership Team, including consolidated reports of all worldwide operating companies.
- Directs the development of cost per project accounting for each drilling project, using a combination of information provided by the Management team and the accounting records.
- Manages the preparation of cash flow and other forecasts.
- Prepares financial analysis, data and costs to support the bidding process, contract negotiations and investment decisions.
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans that support the company’s overall goals from a finance/accounting perspective.
- Identifies areas that will benefit from process improvements and works closely with the Leadership and Management teams to implement efficient solutions.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7-10 years of experience in a Senior Financial role for a multi-national company with significant revenue
- Accounting and Finance experience in Diamond Drilling, Mining or a related industry is preferred.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA Designation
- Experience supervising and managing a diverse team
- Experienced with ASPE and IFRS
- Experienced with transfer pricing and international tax
- Experienced with job costing and inventory systems
- Strong computer skills and experience with accounting systems
- Must maintain a clear Criminal Record Check.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- The successful candidate’s wage will be based on their experience and qualifications.
- Competitive full benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of 3-month probationary period
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- To see our full list of benefits, see Compensation & Benefits
How to Apply
Use Apply Now button below to apply online, or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include CFO in the Subject Line
For More Information
Phone Lisa or Coby at 250-847-9301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org