Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing reception and administrative support that ensures smooth day-to-day operation and contributes to the achievement of company goals and objectives. The Administrative Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the functional areas: reception, building supply management, advertising, event, meeting & tradeshow planning, and support for other departments as required.
- Assists with organizing community events, staff events and staff challenges.
- Assists with Mining Show and Tradeshow facilitation, booth and participant registration, special events, advertising, travel logistics and booth set-up.
- Assists with the distribution of corporate sponsorship and donations.
- Assists with the purchase, organization and distribution of client, supplier, and staff gifts (e.g. Christmas).
- Assists with the development of advertising material including but not limited to corporate newsletter, corporate presentations, business cards, magazine ads, radio, newspaper ads, and email blasts.
- Assists with developing, formatting and producing training/safety materials.
- Assists with managing the corporate website, reviewing content regularly and ensuring required updates are made.
- Greets visitors, directs inquiries, provides information and sets up appointments. Maintains visitor log and ensures new visitors remaining on site are given an orientation.
- Ensures the office lobby and public areas are always kept neat and tidy, and that all required posted documents are current and posted in designated areas.
- Answers general incoming telephone calls and processes them professionally.
- Assists with building/yard management and purchasing office/shop supplies.
- Understands and helps to develop and maintain Hy-Tech systems
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years in an office environment, planning events, overseeing reception, maintaining supplies and managing corporate logistics.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to:
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Build rapport and credibility with employees and management.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- The successful candidate’s wage will be based on their experience and qualifications.
- Office hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday-Friday
- Competitive full benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period
- Family access to Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities
How to Apply
Apply online below or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Administrative Assistant’ in the Subject Line.
For More Information
Call Kim Garvin: 250-847-9301 extension 2033