Accounts Payable & Payroll Clerk
Hy-Tech has been setting the standard of excellence in diamond drilling, providing predictable performance, value and peace of mind to our stakeholders since 1991. Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 55 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Ecuador and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Administrator, the Accounts Payable / Payroll Clerk is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely posting and payment of Accounts Payable and semi-monthly payroll functions.
- Maintains and processes all accounts payable transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of payroll for all employees, ensuring that all salaries and wages are paid accurately and in a timely fashion for multiple Provinces
- Ensures employee recoverables and other authorized deductions are processed accurately.
- Reconciles payroll accounts monthly.
- Prepares journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, and remittances.
- Assists in the administration of employee programs, such as group benefits plans and RRSPs.
- Tracks vacation and other leaves as per policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Career growth, development, and continuous learning opportunities.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Family access to Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre.
This position is based out of company headquarters in Smithers, BC.
Standard working hours are 8am-5pm Monday to Friday. There may be some requirements for additional hours if payroll is being processed.
This is a termed position of 6 months, with the possibility of extension if required.
What You Need
- 2-5 years of experience in Accounting or Bookkeeping performing Accounts Payable, Payroll and general office duties.
- Post-Secondary courses in Bookkeeping or Accounting would be an asset.
- Intermediate computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Strong reporting & data entry skills, attention to detail, and ability to analyze confidential information thoroughly.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check.
- Required online training.
- Other training as required.
To Learn More
Contact Gina at (250) 847-9301 ext. 2031 or visit the Business Professionals page.
How to Apply
Apply online below or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include ‘Accounts Payable & Payroll Clerk ’ in the Subject Line.