Hy-Tech has been setting the standard of excellence in diamond drilling, providing predictable performance, value and peace of mind to our stakeholders since 1991. Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 45 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Ecuador and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Hy-Tech is looking for an experienced Accountant to learn our domestic and international accounting functions. This is a great opportunity to learn about Hy-Tech’s operations for future career development as the Hy-Tech team continues to grow. The Accountant works with the Finance team to create reports and provide analysis of data that is meaningful, timely and clearly presented. The Accountant will be primarily responsible for accounting functions related to the Canadian group of companies and will provide management and external financial reports for review.
- Reviews and analyzes the general ledgers of the group of Canadian companies on a regular basis.
- Prepares and enters journal entries and adjusted entries when required.
- Prepares year-end working papers and spreadsheets and assists with preparation for any independent reviews.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Identifies areas of concern with respect to risk management and internal controls.
- Studies and advises on existing and new federal, provincial and international tax and legal requirements.
- Maintains an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial transactions.
- Manages the Capital Assets and Inventory General Ledger accounts and listings for Canadian and US companies.
- Completes monthly reconciliation for bank accounts.
- Prepares and reviews invoices for foreign affiliates.
- Prepares cash flow forecasts.
- Reconciles intercompany accounts.
- Reconciles intercompany transfer pricing transactions with foreign affiliates.
- Maintains the records of other Hy-Tech Group companies (Canadian companies).
- Prepares GST and PST returns for all companies as required.
- Responsible for making corporate tax payments for all Canadian & US companies.
- Files forms with CRA to reduce payroll taxes for foreign seconded employees.
- Liaises with an external accountant to help Canadian employees, who have been seconded to Hy-Tech’s foreign affiliates, to file their personal tax returns accurately.
- Tracks time (for residency purposes) spent in foreign countries for seconded employees.
- Supports efforts to improve job costing.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience with a CPA designation.
- Experience with Sage accounting software is an asset.
- Experienced with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
- Knowledge of Canadian federal and provincial tax requirements.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Record Check and have a valid driver’s license.
- Multi-provincial and/or international tax experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of IFRS would be an asset.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- The successful candidate’s wage will be based on their experience and qualifications.
- Standard working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matching RRSP program.
- Family access to Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Financial assistance with CPA dues and professional development activities.
How to Apply
Apply online below.
For More Information
Contact Coby at (250) 847-9301 ext. 3205