Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Recruiter supports Hy-Tech by attracting and recruiting qualified field employees to continue to develop the operations team for current and future drill programs. The Recruiter finds qualified candidates to meet recruitment requirements, and to help place new employees in the proper location based on their skill set and past work experience. The Recruiter looks closely at recruitment outcomes to continually improve the recruitment process. The Recruiter uses skills in areas such as relationship building, collaboration, continuous improvement, and communication to develop the operations team and represents Hy-Tech Drilling professionally at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creates, edits, and strategically posts job advertisements to increase Hy-Tech’s visibility as a career opportunity for suitable candidates.
- Registers and attends recruitment events, providing professional representation of Hy-Tech.
- Screens all incoming applications to determine which applicants should receive an interview.
- Sets expectations with each candidate at the start of the selection process by providing a realistic description of the job, including aspects such as how work is offered, work schedules and locations, requirement for a safety focus and the need for teamwork.
- Interviews candidates to determine the types of experiences they have had including rock conditions, types of drills, where they have worked, and other factors appropriate to the job. Uses strong communication skills to listen to the candidate, assess information and obtain confirmation through references.
- Sources and develops relationships with high potential candidates for future opportunities, and ensures candidates have a positive experience during the Hy-Tech recruitment and selection process.
- Onboards new field employees, including coordinating pre-employment assessments, preparing offers of employment, and required paperwork.
- Keeps the Field Scheduling Team up to date with candidates completing the onboarding process and provides them with a clear understanding of each candidate’s strengths and weaknesses as a tool for successful integration to the company.
- Keeps Hy-Tech’s social media accounts current with new updates and photos to attract suitable candidates.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced work environment is an asset.
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Human Resource Management or Business is an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to:
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Build rapport and credibility with candidates, employees, foremen and management.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
What Hy-Tech Offers You
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
How to Apply
- Select “Apply Now” below.
- Email your resume and drivers abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Recruiter’ in the Subject Line
For More Information
Contact Coby at 250-847-9301 ext. 3205 or email@example.com