We are always accepting applications from talented and enthusiastic Driller’s with experience in the Diamond Drilling Industry. Apply now to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Driller sets up and operates drilling equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maximize core recovery. Physical work involves assembling the drill components, servicing and maintaining hydraulic power packs, installing and maintaining waterlines and using all drill string components, and other related activities. Hy-Tech Drillers help to develop their Driller’s Helpers, offering regular guidance and training. On a day-to-day basis, they have a range of operational responsibilities from inspecting drill rods to communicating with helicopter pilots.
Drillers are safety leaders – setting the standard for job sites, identifying hazards, and exemplifying safe operating procedures. In terms of maintenance, they complete checklists and inspections, notifying the Foreman of needed repairs. The Driller is responsible for ensuring all work is completed according to Hy-Tech procedures and safe work practices.
- Supervision – supervises the Driller’s Helper by being a safety leader; sets expectations for safety and quality standards.
- Safety – ensures the safety of themselves, their Driller’s Helper and other crew on site.
- Environment – Ensures the organization and cleanliness of the drill and drill site location.
- Drilling Equipment – responsible for the set-up, repair & maintenance, and safe operation of all drilling-related equipment.
- Communication – with the Foreman and Geologist on a daily basis.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence and must provide a current Driver’s Abstract annually.
- Must have a valid First Aid certificate
- BC Residents: Standard First Aid with CPR C & Transportation Endorsement
- Non-BC Residents: Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Must maintain a clear Criminal Record Check (site specific requirement).
- Must pass a Drug and Alcohol test
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Talk with our Scheduler/Recruiters: 250-847-9301 (ext. 5005)
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for these positions; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.